Green Restorations: Sustainable Building and Historic Homes
In a readily accessible room-by-room and system-by-system format, Green Restorations covers rehabilitation and remodeling questions applicable to old homes, focusing on the core techniques and debates often seen in practice. Here you’ll find the answers to restoration questions, such as:
- Is sealing my old crawl space a good idea?
- Should I replace or rehabilitate my windows?
- Are there historic aspects of my home I need to preserve, and what can I change?
- What are the cultural, environmental, and financial implications of my proposed changes?
- Do residential historic tax credits apply to my home, and how can I access them?